Visit Balos Beach lagoon today with our 4X4 van transfer!
We give you the option to cross the overland road and admire the magnificent views of the Kissamos gulf, the Gramvousa peninsula and the lagoon itself!
The picturesque nature of this place attracts crowds of enthusiastic tourists every year, and the crystal clear waters of the lagoon are ranked in top tiers of beaches in Europe and the whole world!
White, as well as pink sands and incredibly azure waters are the norm here. A paradise beach and the most common location to appear when we search for beautiful beaches in Crete.
By choosing our services, you can enjoy the spectacular views on the way to the beach and at the same time avoid the crowding of the boats that go to the lagoon every morning full with hundreds of people. In fact, if you choose to travel with our 4×4 low cost bus to Balos lagoon not only will you have your own comfortable seat in a fully air-conditioned vehicle, but if you take one of the early departures, you can reach the lagoon long before the big boats arrive. This way you can enjoy the lagoon with less people!
- Routes available every day
- Panoramic views of Kissamos Gulf on the way to the lagoon and majestic views of the lagoon on the way to the beach
- Comfortable seat
- 30 minute walk to the lagoon on a clear trail with steps
PRICESReserve your seat!
Instructions: The bus departs from the center of Kissamos, opposite the archaeological museum of Kissamos. Our office is also located there. Make sure to confirm your reservation with our office 10 minutes before departure. The bus takes you out of town on the asphalt road and from there the bus follows the dirt road towards the lagoon parking lot. At the beginning of the dirt road is the city hall kiosk where you will be charged with the administration fee of 1 euro (for people over 13 years of age). From this place the lagoon parking lot is approximately 30 minutes away. Once the bus reaches the parking lot you will follow a path that takes you down to the lagoon for approximately 30 minutes. Sunbeds and umbrellas are available for a fee while on the beach. Also, you will find a canteen and toilets both at the parking lot and down at the beach. There is also horse/donkey service that can take you up or down the path again for a fee.
Important notice: In order to be back to the parking lot in time to take the bus to Kissamos it is advisable to start walking 30 minutes before the bus departure time. This way you will have time to use the restroom and have a drink/snack at the top before the bus departs.
- Balos lagoon from the top to bottom! Enjoy the views on top and the crystal clear waters at the bottom!
- Avoid the crowds! Travel with one of our early bus routes and enjoy the lagoon with less people! The sooner the better!
- Lost the last boat of the day? No problem, you can take the bus even during midday and not waste a beautiful day!
- Spend all day at the lagoon! Depart early in the morning and return late in the afternoon!
- Cheapest way to Balos lagoon guaranteed.
By sending this e-mail you will receive a full description of the tour and booking details