Feel invigorated and refreshed as you not only revitalize your body, but your mind and soul too. Along with its scenic surroundings, western Crete offers a warm and friendly welcome. Our hosts, walking guide and yoga teacher will help us recover from the stresses of everyday life with a mixture of gentle activities during the course of our week.
Walks: Enjoy countryside full of shaded gorges, quiet and traditional villages as well as some dramatic coastline. Each walk is different in its own way, taking in some of the best scenery this wonderful region has to offer. Hear tales of Cretan life, past and present, as you visit a typical village house before meandering along mountain paths. On another day we start from the charming village of Kaliviani, up and over a ridge to the splendid beach of Falassarna as it meets the aquamarine sea where there is time for a swim. The final walk takes us to the stunning Deliana Gorge with its large population of Griffon vultures and a charming ancient church.
Yoga: With 5 included evening yoga sessions what better way is there to relax and let our cares slip away? Our qualified yoga teacher, Juliet Green, caters for everyone whether we are beginners or experienced. For an hour and a half we find inner calm, relax our ‘walking legs’ and learn a new respect for our bodies and minds.
Tours: We take in the picturesque and sleepy village of Polyrinnia, discovering the fascinating culture and history of this archaeological area. There are panoramic vistas down to the sea and over to the White Mountains, while in the spring time the wild flowers bloom in abundance. Our second tour takes us down to the south coast and the beautiful old monastery of Chryssoskalitissa and the stunning beach of Elafonissi.
Availability On request
- 7 days Bed & Breakfast at local hotel in Kissamos
- 5 yoga sessions
- 3 guided walks
- Guided tour to Elafonisi beach on South West Crete
- 6 evening meals at seaside taverna
- 4 lunches
- Transfer from and to Chania Airport
PRICESReserve your place!
Please contact us for a price .
- DAY ONE - Arrival. Welcome meeting. Dinner at Cellar Taverna.
- DAY TWO – Polyrinnia Tour, evening yoga session.
- DAY THREE – Village life tour and walk, evening yoga session.
- DAY FOUR –Falassarna evening walk, evening yoga session on the beach.
- DAY FIVE – a free day.
- DAY SIX -Deliana gorge walk, evening yoga session.
- DAY SEVEN - Elafonisi beach and tour, evening Yoga session.
- DAY EIGHT -Transfer to airport for departure.
- DAY ONE – Welcome meeting. Dinner at Cellar Taverna situated right on the seafront in the bay of Kissamos. It is a well established family run taverna of 20 years with an excellent reputation with both tourists and locals. It is featured in such guide books as Lonely Planet and Rough guide to Crete as well as other foreign guide books. Over the years it has also been feautured in various magazine articles. It is well rated on Trip Advisor.
- DAY TWO – A fascinating guided tour around the picturesque and sleepy village of Polyrinnia discovering the culture and history of this important archaeological area. The views are stunning with a panoramic vista down to the sea and over to the magnificent White mountains, and in the spring time the wild flowers are in abundance. Our tour is followed by a delicious lunch at Odysseus’ taverna with delightful views into the Sirikari gorge. An easy walk around the village of approx 2km. Evening yoga session at the hotel followed by dinner at Cellar taverna.
- DAY THREE – A walk that encompasses wonderful scenery as well as a real insight into traditional Cretan life. The tour begins with a visit to a typical village house where a Cretan welcome awaits you and where you will be regaled with tales of Cretan life past and present. We then take a walk with truly magnificent scenery on paths that meander through the mountains of West Crete. Lunch at a village taverna. An easy to medium walk of approx 6km. Evening yoga session at the hotel followed by dinner at Cellar taverna.
- DAY FOUR – A free morning that gives you time to explore the town of Kissamos and visit the local archaeological museum which is well worth a visit. No lunch is included. In the afternoon we will take a walk starting from the charming village of Kaliviani heading West ascending on a path that takes us up to the ridge overlooking the glorious beach of Falassarna. At the top we have the most amazing views back to Kissamos and at the same time views down to the wide expanse of pale sand as it meets the aquamarine seaon the far West coast of Crete. At the end of the walk there is time for a swim in the crystal clear sea followed by an evening yoga session on the beach as the sun sets. An easy to medium walk of approx 6km.Dinner is at a beachside taverna in Falassarna.
- DAY FIVE – a free day. No lunch or dinner included. Available excursions: Tours & Walks
- DAY SIX –A delightful walk with panoramic views as we ascend to the start of the Deliana gorge – just as beautiful as Samaria but without the crowds and distance! A stunning gorge with a large population of Griffon vultures and a fascinating ancient church to visit at the end. Lunch is at the local village taverna. An easy to medium walk of approx 6km Evening yoga session at the hotel followed by dinner at the Cellar Taverna.
- DAY SEVEN - A guided tour down to the South coast of Crete visiting the beautiful old monastery of Chryssoskalitissa and the stunning beach of Elafonissi, a lagoon and protected area of outstanding natural beauty. A picnic lunch is provided to eat at the beach. Evening Yoga session followed by a farewell dinner at the Cellar Taverna.
- DAY EIGHT -Transfer to airport for departure.
By sending this e-mail you will receive a full description of the tour and booking details