ARTEMIS YOGA WEEK
Spring is a wonderfully fresh season in Crete with pastures full of colourful wild flowers. Here you can stand, gaze and breathe in the pure air. Snow lies on distant mountains giving an alpine quality, while locally the days are mild making walking easy. Our guided walks and trips take you away from the usual sight-seeing locations and you may not see another tourist all day.
At the end of the day, usually before dinner, you have a yoga session designed to give you a sense of well being. The yoga is equally suitable for newcomers and those who practice yoga regularly. It includes both physical exercises and breathwork to support mindfulness. Just bring soft, easy fir pants and tops to wear.
The food we offer you is fresh and healthy, served in delightful tavernas chosen for their nutritious Cretan cooking. Vegetarian options to support your yoga are available.
You can also choose an aromatherapy massage or health treatment as an optional extra. The massage is relaxing and therapeutic while the treatments explore the cause of health problems (sometimes a surprise) while looking for a soluion to promote good health. All are holistic and tailor made to suit you and provided by fully qualified practitioners.
Your yoga teacher: Julier Green is a qualified yoga teacher in the Sivananda tradition which focuses on creating a deep sense of inner peace. She has been practising yoga for over 20 years, teaching since 2003.
Your hosts Stelios and Angela will welcome you with legendary Cretan hospitality and make your stay in Crete and experience you will never forget.
Juliet is a qualified yoga teacher in the Sivananda tradition which focuses on creating a deep sense of inner peace. She has been practicing yoga for over 20 years, teaching since 2003.
- 6 yoga sessions
- 3 guided walks
- 2 day trips (1 to the old town of Chania and one to the famous beach of Elafonissi)
- 6 taverna dinners (drinks extra)
- 2 taverna lunches & 2 picnic lunches
- 7 nights bed and breakfast at Galini Beach hotel in Kisamos
- Transfers to and from Chania airport
PRICESReserve your place!
Book with our partner or contact our office
- DAY ONE – Arrival. Afternoon introductory yoga session.
- DAY TWO –Polyrinnia Tour. Evening yoga session.
- DAY THREE – Village life walk. Evening yoga session.
- DAY FOUR – A morning walk to Falassarna. Yoga session on the beach.
- DAY FIVE – Elafonissi beach and tour. Evening Yoga session.
- DAY SIX –Morning yoga session followed by a trip to Chania.
- DAY SEVEN - a free day.
- DAY EIGHT -Transfer to airport for departure.
- DAY ONE – Arrival and transfer to Kisamos followed by an afternoon introductory yoga session. Dinner at Cellar Taverna situated right on the seafront in the bay of Kissamos. It is a well established family run taverna of 20 years with an excellent reputation with both tourists and locals. It is featured in such guide books as Lonely Planet and Rough guide to Crete as well as other foreign guide books. Over the years it has also been feautured in various magazine articles. It is well rated on Trip Advisor.
- DAY TWO – A fascinating guided tour around the picturesque and sleepy village of Polyrinnia discovering the culture and history of this important archaeological area. The views are stunning with a panoramic vista down to the sea and over to the magnificent White mountains, and in the spring time the wild flowers are in abundance. Our tour is followed by a delicious lunch at Odysseus’ taverna with delightful views into the Sirikari gorge. An easy walk around the village of approx 2km. Evening yoga session at the hotel followed by dinner at Cellar taverna.
- DAY THREE – A walk that encompasses wonderful scenery as well as a real insight into traditional Cretan life. The tour begins with a visit to a typical village house where a Cretan welcome awaits you and where you will be regaled with tales of Cretan life past and present. We then take a walk with truly magnificent scenery on paths that meander through the mountains of West Crete. Lunch at a village taverna. An easy to medium walk of approx 6km. Evening yoga session at the hotel followed by dinner at Cellar taverna.
- DAY FOUR – A morning walk starting from the charming village of Kaliviani heading West ascending on a path that takes us up to the ridge overlooking the glorious beach of Falassarna. At the top we have the most amazing views back to Kissamos and at the same time views down to the wide expanse of pale sand as it meets the aquamarine sea on the far West coast of Crete. At the end of the walk there is time for a swim in the crystal clear sea followed by a yoga session on the beach. Picnic lunch is provided.An easy to medium walk of approx 6km. Dinner is at Cellar Taverna.
- DAY FIVE – A guided tour down to the South coast of Crete visiting the beautiful old monastery of Chryssoskalitissa and the stunning beach of Elafonissi, a lagoon and protected area of outstanding natural beauty. A picnic lunch is provided to eat at the beach. Evening Yoga session followed by dinner at the Cellar Taverna.
- DAY SIX –a morning yoga session followed by a trip to Chania where you will have time to explore the old town. No lunch or dinner provided.
- DAY SEVEN - a free day. No lunch included. Available excursions: Tours & Walks. Farewell dinner at Cellar Taverna.
- DAY EIGHT -Transfer to airport for departure.
By sending this e-mail you will receive a full description of the tour and booking details