Europes’ Longest Gorge Walk
Cretes’ most famous attraction and the longest gorge walk in Europe. Spectacular scenery, an awe inspiring ravine and a real sense of achievement – to walk through Samaria Gorge is an unforgettable experience from the Omalos plateau, through the huge and impressive gorge and down to the coastal village of Agia Roumeli where you can swim in the crystal clear Libyan Sea.
We organize trips to Samaria Gorge throughout its’ open season which is typically 1st May till end of October.
This walk is only recommended for physically able people that have strong, comfortable footwear. Suitable for children over 6 years old (but that does depend on your child!)
- Every Monday and Friday
- A walk of approx 6 hours suitable for adults and older children
- Approx 16km
- Meal not included
- No guide necessary as the path is well defined in a designated national park
- Return transfer from Paleochora
- Bring with you: bottle of water, suncream, raincoat if needed
PRICESReserve your seat!
- Pick ups from our office or your hotel from Falassarna (06.30) through Kissamos (07.00) Kolymbari (07.20) and drive to the Omalos plateau entrance of the gorge where there is time to purchase a hot drink and breakfast and use the facilities before you start.
- Walk through the gorge which is 16km and takes approx 6 hours.
- Free time for some optional lunch, rest and swim at Agia Roumeli
- 17.00 boat departs to Paleochora.
- Arrive at Paleochora at apx 18.30 where your driver is waiting to take you back to your hotel. Approx bus transfer time 1 hour to Kissamos.
- Awe inspiring mountain scenery
- Full and varied day
- Real sense of achievement
- Swim on the South coast
- Beautiful boat trip
- Small transfer buses mean less pick up stops on the way so a more direct transfer for you
- Not such an early start as some of the other companies
By sending this e-mail you will receive a full description of the tour and booking details